Assemble a gingerbread house with friends to submit in our annual Gingerbread House Contest.
Free Gingerbread House demonstrations
- Saturday, November 28th, 10:00-11:30 am @ Canyon Country Library
- Tuesday, December 1st, 5:00-6:30pm @ Old Town Newhall Library
Check out books and magazines for additional tips on creating your own gingerbread house creations.
Looking for last minute Thanksgiving recipes, tips, and ways to decorate your table? Checking out these and other great digital magazines available through Flipster with your library card.
Teens and Tweens ages 11-17 are invited to welcome Chris Clewett as he introduces participants to various instruments. So strum, drum and jam with us. Space is limited.
- Tuesday, June 23rd – Band Practice, 1:00-2:30pm @ Valencia Library
- Wednesday, June 24th – Band Practice, 1:00-2:30pm @ Canyon Country Library
- Thursday, June 25th – Band Practice, 1:00-2:30pm @ Old Town Newhall Library
Registered Teens be sure to pick up one Prize Book this week and enter your name toward the grand prize drawing of either an acoustic guitar or a $50 Amazon gift card at your local branch.
Do you prefer to read on a smartphone or tablet? Check out eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital magazines and newspapers available to you with your Santa Clarita Library card to complete the 5 Book Summer Challenge!
Register to be a part of the Santa Clarita Library’s Summer Reading Program “Read to the Rhythm” where there will be weekly opportunities to enter your name for the teen grand prize drawings of either an acoustic guitar or a $50 Amazon gift card. Teen participants include those going into grades 7-12 for the 2015-2016 school year.
Participate each week in a different FREE workshop and earn extra tickets toward the grand prize drawings. Learn more by visiting the Events Calendar.
- Tuesday, June 9th – Sheet Music Masterpieces, 4:00-5:00pm @ Valencia Library
- Wednesday, June 10th – Sound Wave Snapshot, 2:00-3:00pm @ Canyon Country Library
- Thursday, June 11th – Sheet Music Masterpieces, 4:00-5:00pm @ Old Town Newhall Library
Teens can also earn an extra ticket for the grand prize drawings by completing the 5 Book Summer Challenge. Remember that magazines, graphic novels and manga, as well as non-fiction books like poetry or how-to books all count toward your 5 Book goal.
We look forward to seeing you in your local branch of the Santa Clarita Library this summer!
Check out these easy healthier Halloween snacks from Seventeen Magazine
The library has Seventeen magazine and tons of great Cookbooks!
Need a break from perusing the library stacks? Fatigued from staring at a computer screen? We have a suggestion! Stop by the teen areas of our Valencia and Old Town Newhall branches and breeze through some unique magazine titles we’ve bought specifically for relaxing with at the library. Let us know what you think – question form and raffle box supplied. If you like what you read, we’ll try to buy more!