Earlier this summer teens from all branches of the Santa Clarita Public Library created their own guitar designs from materials supplied as part of our 2015 Summer Reading Program “Read to the Rhythm.”
Participants entered their designs in our contest vying for a chance at an acoustic guitar.
| Created at Canyon Country.
|| Created at Old Town Newhall.
|| Created at Valencia.
The top design from each branch has been selected (pictured above). Join us at our Jamboree Finale on Saturday, July 25th to congratulate the winner of DIY guitar. The winners of the Teen Grand Prizes will also be announced at Jamboree.
Take a look at the many creative designs submitted.
This week we continue our Summer Reading Program “Read to the Rhythm” with our DIY Guitar workshop for Teens and Tweens. Create your own custom guitar design with supplies provided for a chance to win an acoustic guitar! Top 3 designs, 1 from each branch, will be put to a vote for the grand prize guitar. Winner will be announced at our Jamboree Finale on Sat. July 25th.
- Tuesday, June 16th – DIY Guitar, 2:00-4:00pm @ Valencia Library
- Wednesday, June 17th – DIY Guitar, 2:00-4:00pm @ Canyon Country Library
- Thursday, June 18th – DIY Guitar, 2:00-4:00pm @ Old Town Newhall Library
Remember to visit your local branch to enter your name weekly toward the Teen Grand Prizes drawings of either an acoustic guitar or a $50 Amazon gift card. This week you’re also welcome to make ONE music-themed button using our 1″ Button Maker.
Looking for books to help you reach your Read 5 Summer Challenge? Try one of these great titles or browse your local branch for a magazine or audiobook.
- Snap a photo showing your library, city, or favorite use of technology.
- Submit your meme to the contest by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information.
- Check our Instagram account to see if we posted your meme!
A winner will be selected from those posted to the Instagram account.