Participate in teen programming during the week of May 15th for a chance to win a *FREE pair of tickets to watch Everything Everything in theaters!
- Level Up! – Tuesday, May 16th from 4:00-5:30pm
- Teen Study Hall – Wednesday, May 17th from 4:00-6:00pm
- Fandom Friday – Friday, May 19th from 4:00-5:30pm
Old Town Newhall
- Teen Study Hall – Tuesday, May 16th from 4:00-6:00pm
- Movie Madness – Wednesday, May 17th from 3:30-5:30pm
- Fandom Friday – Friday, May 19th from 3:30-5:00pm
- Creation Station: Ultimate Maker Challenge – Monday, May 15th from 3:30-5:30pm
- Youth Chess Club – Thursday, May 18th from 3:30-5:00pm
We’ve read the book, have you?
Already read Everything, Everything? Check out these other fantastic titles.
*FREE tickets and promotional items provided courtesy of Allied Integrated Marketing.
Prom is around the corner. Gear up with prom essentials by checking out books or attending our FREE programs.
Attend events at the Canyon Country Library to help you get your glam on!
- Learn easy to do hair styles from professionals at Prom Prep on Thursday, April 13th from 4-6pm.
- Use our supplies to do your nails during Nailed It! from 1:30-3pm on Saturday, April 8th AND Saturday, April 22nd.
- Show off your prom finery one last time during Runway Prom on Saturday, May 6th from 10:30-11:30am.
Looking for additional tips? Check out these titles.
Can’t get enough of prom? Read these tales of sometimes funny, sometimes disastrous but always entertaining prom stories.
2017’s One Story One City is almost here! This year features “Rise of the Rocket Girls” – the story of the women who helped launch a nation into space! Participate in an assortment of free events including:
Creation Station: Ultimate Maker Challenge featuring engineering
- Wed. March 1st, 4-6pm @ Old Town Newhall
- Tue. March 7th, 4-6pm @ Canyon Country
- Mon. March 20th, 3:30-5:30pm @ Valencia
Balloon Racer Challenge featuring jet propulsion
- Wed. March 8th, 3:30-5pm @ Old Town Newhall during DIY Designs
- Tue. March 14th, 4-6pm @ Canyon Country during DIY Designs
- Tue. March 14th, 4-6pm @ Valencia during Teen Study Hall
Female Fandom Friday: Girls Rock!
- Fri. March 17th, 3:30-5pm @ Old Town Newhall
- Fri. March 17th, 4-5:30pm @ Canyon Country
- Fri. March 17th, 7-8pm @ Valencia Barnes & Noble, 23630 Valencia Blvd.
Be sure to check out the Events calendar for more details and additional programs.
Looking for more to read? Check out these fantastic books available from the Santa Clarita Public Library.
|Discover Women Who Rock
||& Scientists Who Soar!
Study with friends or on your own on Monday, December 12th from 4:00-7:30pm. Study space available at all 3 branches of the Santa Clarita Public Library. Snacks provided!
Did you know that November 13th is World Kindness Day? With the swirl of emotions stirred up by last week’s election, there’s never been a better time to spread some compassion through random acts of good in your community.
We’re feeling inspired to stretch this celebration through the end of the month and hope you’ll do the same. To help inspire you to get started, we’ve put together a few fun ways to brighten someone else’s day (and maybe yours too) with some simple smile-worthy moves.
- Spread the love with sticky notes. Take some post-it notes and write some sweet messages or affirmations on them. Stick them in public bathrooms at school, on your mirror, or hide them around the house for instant good vibes.
- Write a note of gratitude. A simple heartfelt letter to someone you appreciate can make a big impact. Take the time on your own or check out our next DIY Designs program (during Teen Study Hall) on Tuesday, November 21st, 4 – 6 p.m. at the Valencia Library where we’ll have card making supplies ready for you.
- Volunteer your time. Spend some time helping at a soup kitchen, a homeless shelter, or your local library (we’d love to have you!). So many people could use a helping hand – so if you have even an hour to offer, why not spread the kindness and try out volunteering.
- Make a donation to Goodwill. We all have clothes or toys that we’ve outgrown, just don’t wear or don’t have room for anymore. Talk to your parents about taking some time to look around and donate what you don’t need to a charity store like Goodwill or the Salvation Army, so that your unwanted treasures can brighten the days of people in need.
- Smile at 10 strangers. If you’re in the right headspace to smile (and it’s okay if you’re not at the moment), you might want to give this one a try. Next time you’re going down the street, make an effort to beam out a genuine smile at 10 strangers you pass.
If you have more suggestions for ways to spread kindness during this month, talk to your teen librarian. We’re here to listen and support you!
Looking for inspiration? Check out these titles from your local branch of the Santa Clarita Public Library.