Teen Advisory Board (Grades 7-12)
Make your voice heard! Be part of your local Teen Advisory Board.
- Help shape teen services at the library.
- Acquire leadership skills AND earn volunteer service hours.
- Interact with other Santa Clarita area teens.
- New members are always welcome!
- Enjoy snacks.
TAB meetings are held monthly during the school year, September through May (unless otherwise noted), at your local branch of the Santa Clarita Public Library.
To earn service hours and be considered a TAB member, teens must:
- Complete and submit an application to your local library.
- Attend at least 3 TAB meetings per semester AND assist in at least 1 program a semester. At the end of each semester members who have met these requirements will earn 5 service hours for their participation.
Some of the projects TAB members have worked on include: Adding favorite books to the SCPL TAB Goodreads account; picking topics for book displays in the library’s teen areas; providing input on the SCPL teen web page; creating the library book displays; decorating the library’s teen areas for the Summer Reading Program; and more.
||OLD TOWN NEWHALL: 5:00-6:00pm
||CANYON COUNTRY: 4:30-5:30pm