Mission: Be Eco-Friendly!!
How do you complete this mission? Simple just follow these steps and check off when you finish on your Summer Reading account!!
- Repurpose recyclables into art Make something old new again at one of our summer programs: Upcycled Crafts, Stop Motion Animation, or our Mashup Session of programs you missed!
- Just attend one of the listed programs at any branch and you have completed this step of the mission!
- Read up: Find an online article (yes, Buzzfeed counts), book (fiction or non-fiction), or magazine about any environmental issue that interests you. Climate change, endangered species, whatever floats your boat!
- Bonus to this…whatever you read counts towards your Read 5 Challenge!!
- Recycle, Reduce, Reuse. Find one way to reduce waste or make a more eco-friendly choice in your daily life. Write it below.
- Need ideas? Check out websites for different trash companies or electric companies!
One of the awesome programs this year at the library for summer reading will be an Escape Room!!
What is an Escape Room? Well an escape room is a like a live version of clue only instead of figuring out who done it, you are trying to get out based on the different clues. Players are given a set time limit to unveil the secret plot which is hidden within the room.
For this program you will be put into groups and you will have to work together to escape the room!
Times and locations:
Valencia – June 13th from 1:30 – 3:30
Newhall – June 29th from 1:30 – 3:30
Canyon Country – July 12th from 1:30 – 3:30
Discover what happens when your secrets are shared… with everyone. Or even worse, when it’s all lies but everyone believes it anyway.
Beware the cyberbully and remember.. the internet lives forever. Share wisely!
School is almost out so it’s time to start applying to those summer jobs!
Your eLibrary has a wealth of information for FREE! We have career resources that include LIVE job coaches, practice videos to nail your next interview and more! Make sure you have your library barcode number handy and click on the links below:
provides the most comprehensive selection of educational resources—including more than 1,000 tutorials, practice exams, and eBooks—for basic skills mastery, academic success, job preparation, and career advancement.
– Provides live interactive online help combined with online resources to guide you through the necessary tasks to get a job.
Here are 5 things you can do RIGHT NOW to improve your resume!