Winning the lottery sounds like a dream come true but some might say, “Be careful what you wish for.” Check out these books about lottery winners and decide for yourself just how lucky they really are.
Participate in teen programming during the week of May 15th for a chance to win a *FREE pair of tickets to watch Everything Everything in theaters!
- Level Up! – Tuesday, May 16th from 4:00-5:30pm
- Teen Study Hall – Wednesday, May 17th from 4:00-6:00pm
- Fandom Friday – Friday, May 19th from 4:00-5:30pm
Old Town Newhall
- Teen Study Hall – Tuesday, May 16th from 4:00-6:00pm
- Movie Madness – Wednesday, May 17th from 3:30-5:30pm
- Fandom Friday – Friday, May 19th from 3:30-5:00pm
- Creation Station: Ultimate Maker Challenge – Monday, May 15th from 3:30-5:30pm
- Youth Chess Club – Thursday, May 18th from 3:30-5:00pm
Already read Everything, Everything? Check out these other fantastic titles.
*FREE tickets and promotional items provided courtesy of Allied Integrated Marketing.
This month the Santa Clarita Public Library is raising awareness about mental health, and, more specifically, the conditions that can threaten that health. Eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and depression are well-known examples, and the library offers a wide selection of books exploring these topics in depth.
From the adventures of an adolescent facing mental disorders on top of the usual teen angst, to edifying self-help books, there are numerous and varying titles available for checkout.
Many of these titles are currently on display in the Teen Area, and a number of them are listed below. By immersing yourself in these pages, you can learn from a personal perspective what it’s like to experience these mental disorders, and, more importantly, how to deal with them properly.
Be sure to take care of yourself this May with Mental Health Month!
Prom is around the corner. Gear up with prom essentials by checking out books or attending our FREE programs.
Attend events at the Canyon Country Library to help you get your glam on!
- Learn easy to do hair styles from professionals at Prom Prep on Thursday, April 13th from 4-6pm.
- Use our supplies to do your nails during Nailed It! from 1:30-3pm on Saturday, April 8th AND Saturday, April 22nd.
- Show off your prom finery one last time during Runway Prom on Saturday, May 6th from 10:30-11:30am.
Looking for additional tips? Check out these titles.
Can’t get enough of prom? Read these tales of sometimes funny, sometimes disastrous but always entertaining prom stories.