This year’s summer reading program was an awesome success!!! Thank you to all those who participated!! And a HUGE thank you to the Santa Clarita Friends of the Library for helping us with this year’s SRP!!!
Some highlights from teen programs this summer!
Missed a session the first time around? Teen Program Mashup is your second chance to design some perler bead creations, re-purpose art or shoot a short stop motion animation film. All supplies provided.
- Valencia Library – July 18th 3-5pm
- Newhall Library – July 20th 3-5pm
- Canyon Country – July 26th 3-5pm
Programs being recreated:
- Pixel Pals
- Stop Motion Animation
- Upcycling Art
The next installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is coming this July!!
Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, young Peter Parker returns home to live with his Aunt May. Under the watchful eye of mentor Tony Stark, Parker starts to embrace his newfound identity as Spider-Man. He also tries to return to his normal daily routine — distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just a friendly neighborhood superhero. Peter must soon put his powers to the test when the evil Vulture emerges to threaten everything that he holds dear.
Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-man
Chris Evans as Captain America
Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark
Martin Star as Mr. Harrington
Zendaya as Michelle
Marisa Tomei as Aunt May
Mission: Be Eco-Friendly!!
How do you complete this mission? Simple just follow these steps and check off when you finish on your Summer Reading account!!
- Repurpose recyclables into art Make something old new again at one of our summer programs: Upcycled Crafts, Stop Motion Animation, or our Mashup Session of programs you missed!
- Just attend one of the listed programs at any branch and you have completed this step of the mission!
- Read up: Find an online article (yes, Buzzfeed counts), book (fiction or non-fiction), or magazine about any environmental issue that interests you. Climate change, endangered species, whatever floats your boat!
- Bonus to this…whatever you read counts towards your Read 5 Challenge!!
- Recycle, Reduce, Reuse. Find one way to reduce waste or make a more eco-friendly choice in your daily life. Write it below.
- Need ideas? Check out websites for different trash companies or electric companies!