It’s that time of year again. The leaves on trees will slowly start to turn auburn and the weather will start to cool down. As fall rolls around the corner, take some time to decorate your house and get into the fall spirit. Here are some fun and easy crafts you can make to display for autumn!
Craft #1: Pumpkin Balls
- 4-6oz of craft glue
- 2-3tbsp of cornstarch
- Warm water
- Pipe cleaners
- Hot glue
- Blow up your balloons to the size you wish your pumpkins to be
- Coat your balloons with vaseline
- Mix your glue, warm water, and cornstarch together until there are no lumps left
- Coat your string in the mixture and start wrapping it around the balloon
- Once you’re happy with the way it looks, set it down and let it dry
- Take your pipe cleaners and mold them into stems and leaves
- Once the string is completely dried and hard, pop the balloon with something sharp. Be careful not to poke the string
- Use hot glue to attach your stem and leaves to the pumpkin
- Display them everywhere!
Craft #2: acorn wreath
- craft foam
- Metal wire
- Hot glue
- Bend your wire into your desired sized circle
- Take some craft foam and put it under your wire circle. Cut out a ring of foam that is about 2 inches wider on each side of the wire.
- Glue down the wire to the foam
- Take your pinecones and paint them as you wish
- When everything is dry, use hot glue to attach your pinecones to the foam ring.
- Hang around your house!
Craft #3: Reusable drink sleeves
- Embroidery thread and needle or fabric glue
- Fabric marker
- Measure the size of a regular cup
- Cut out two pieces of felt that are the same length as the length around the cup. You can choose how wide you wish them to be.
- Sew or glue your pieces together
- Cut out any accessories such as ears, nose, and eyes and glue them onto your sleeve
- Use fabric markers or embroidery thread to sew or draw on details
- Use them on cups of hot liquid!
Post By ~ Alice