Test Kitchen Review
Looking for some simple treats to celebrate the spooky season? Look no further than these ghost pretzels! They’re simple to recreate and have a good balance of sweet and salty thanks to the white chocolate and pretzels combo.
The trickiest aspect of these are placing the candy eyes, but the bonus to that is that you’ll get a good laugh while making them. Yay for spoopy treats!
The original recipe does contain dairy and gluten, however if you can snag some vegan white chocolate chips and gluten free mini pretzels you’ll be good to go if you have to avoid gluten or dairy for any reason.
- 30 mini pretzels (like Shultz or Snyder’s)
- 1/2 (12oz) bag Guittard Vanilla Milk Chips (equal to 6oz or 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil or shortening, for thinning the chocolate
- 1 (.88oz/25g) pkg Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil (or shortening) in a glass bowl in the microwave, for short 10-20 second bursts, until melted.
- Immediately dip pretzels, one at a time, in the bowl, using a fork to turn the pretzel over. Shake off excess chocolate from the pretzel with the fork. Be sure to shake the chocolate out of the bottom hole, so it looks like an open mouth — screaming. Place chocolate dipped pretzels on the prepared baking sheet.
- Immediately press two eyeballs into the top two holes for eyes — add a little extra chocolate if needed.
- Repeat with remaining pretzels. Work quickly. Heating the chocolate again only once, if needed.
- Allow pretzels to rest and harden. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to speed up the process. Peel pretzels off the baking sheet and enjoy!